Government Relations and Grant Development
Government Relations and Grant Development is within the Division of Business Services.
8961 Tesoro Drive
San Antonio, Texas 78217
Director, Government Relations and Grant Development
To provide high quality support to district and campus stakeholders by addressing educational, legislative and financial issues important to the district and seeking new revenue to meet district and campus initiatives.
- Support the district’s position on legislation and regulatory issues through correspondence, presentations and personal contacts.
- Monitor decisions of local, state and federal governments.
- Coordinate school board and bond program elections.
- Work with the community to plan bond programs.
- Locate new revenue in the form of grants.
- Communicate grant opportunities and provide feedback to support the writing process.
- Develop winning grant proposals.
84th Texas Legislature
On August 11, 2014, the North East ISD Board of Trustees adopted a 2015 Legislative Agenda. This document outlines the district's priorities for the next legislative session. Position papers on each legislative item are also available in the Information menu to to right.
The 84th Texas Legislature Regular Session begins on January 13, 2015 and ends on June 1, 2015. Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, and Texas House Speaker Joe Straus have all cited education as an important issue for the session. North East ISD staff will carefully monitor the activities of the 84th session.
Grant Opportunities and Approval Process
If you are district employee and need more information about available grant opportunities and/or the district's approval process, please visit the Grant Development intranet page for more information.
- NEISD Home
- Division for Business Services
- NEISD Board of Trustees
- 2015 Legislative Agenda (adopted 8/11/2014)
- Position Paper: School Finance
- Position Paper: Pre-K
- Position Paper: School Board Governance
- Position Paper: Graduation Committee
- Position Paper: English Language Learners
- Position Paper: Alternative Governance Models
- Who Represents Me? (service provided by Bexar County)
- Texas Legislature Online
- Voter Registration (service provided by Bexar County)
- Campaign Finance Reports