LIFE INSURANCE PROGRAMs FOR EMPLOYEES OF NEISD
UNUM GROUP TERM LIFE AND AD&D PLAN
UNUM Group Term Life and AD&D coverage is available for a monthly premium for emloyees, their eligible spouse (Insurance coverage will be delayed if the dependent is totally disabled on the date the insurance would otherwise be effective) and children to age 26.
All employees who are working at least 20 regularly schedued hours per week in active employment, in the United States, with North East ISD.
- Guarantee issue for New Hires:
- Employees - $200,000 (not to exceed 5 times your salary)
- Dependent Spouse - $50,000 (up to 100% of employee amount)
- Children - $10,000, $15,000 or $20,000 (up to 100% of employee amount but not to exceed $20,000)
*Please note that if you wish to enroll in more coverage, you must answer medical questions.*
- AD&D Coverage that matches life elections
- Portable Coverage
- Waiver of Premium
- Accelerated Benefits and much more
*Please refer to Term Life Insurance and AD&D Coverage Highlights for complete details and rates.*
Please note that Current Employees, who are enrolling for the first time, must fill out an Evidence of Insurability form in order to elect coverage. Employees who are currently enrolled and wish to increase coverage over the guaranteed issue amount must also fill out an Evidence of Insurability form during Open Enrollment.
UNUM VOLUNTARY WHOLE LIFE COVERAGE
Whole Life Insurance provides consistent coverage through retirement with premiums and benefits that won't change as you grow older.
- Policy can build cash value over time
- Individual Policies
- Employee can purchase coverage for Grandchildren
- Employee does not have to enroll in Whole Life coverage to purchase coverage for spouse, children or grandchildren
- Coverage is portable
- Premiums and coverage will never change
- Guaranteed coverage for new employees
- *Please refer to the Whole Life Highlights sheet and rate sheets below for details.*
**Please note: In order to elect coverage you must fill out the application below and return it to the Employee Benefits Department, Attention: Janet Becerra.**
- Please visit the dedicated website below for Benefit details and Enrollment.
Updated: August 25, 2016