Welcome to the Department of Safe and Drug Free Schools (SDFS)
The purpose of the Safe and Drug Free Schools program is to maintain safe, disciplined, and drug free schools so that students can learn and be successful.
- SDFS Program Has Top-Down Support
- Helping Students Feel Connected Is Planned
- Standards and Benchmarks
- District Improvement Plan
- Campus Improvement Plans
- SDFS Campus Contact on Each Campus
- Collaboration With District and Community Initiatives
Prevention Programs Include
- The Leader in Me
- Safe School Ambassadors
- Second Step: A Violence Prevention Curriculum
- Steps to Respect: A Bullying Prevention Curriculum
- Peer Mediation
- Be Cool
- The Anti-Defamation League’s No Place for Hate
- Oteka Gibson, Senior Director of Leadership Development and Safe and Drug Free Schools
- Starr Acuna, Administrative Support Specialist
Red Ribbon Week® takes place October 23-31
Find out about this year's theme HERE .
Together we have a positive impact on students' lives.
The art of leadership is getting others to do what you want done because they want to do it. - Dwight D. Eisenhower